Friday, February 13, 2009

AMST Retreat

As most of you know my hubby works for his family trucking company AMST (Art Mulder & Son's Trucking). Grandpa Art Mulder is the founder, and his three son's took ownership to carry on the business. Greg and his cousin Chad are the next generation with interest in continuing the business. As busy as they get sometimes, and as hard as it is to not see my husband until late at night sometimes, I really see Greg's passion working with the fam. He is so incredibly good at what he does, as are the other employees, and they really seek to use their gifts to bring glory to our Father.

Last weekend, we had a "retreat" for the owners and their wives, Greg and I, and Chad. We stayed in town at the Hampton Inn for two nights. The weekend was full of meetings, and little sleep. As some of you who work with family know, it's a blessing in disguise. It's wonderful knowing you are all in it together, but there can often be heated discussions. Throughout the three days, we prayed about our future, talked about where our priorities are, and gave input on a number of issues. I felt so privileged knowing I was there to be heard. Me. Just a wife to a third generation employee. The guys really dedicated their time to us, to make sure we were informed and I truly felt like we could discuss anything on our hearts.


We are so blessed to be a part of AMST despite our economic times. We don't know the future, but we know it belongs to the Lord, and we can only give him our best.


I am so thankful for the Mulder family!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, hows it going with you two? Love your blog and we will definitively keep up with it!! Slovenia misses you! :)
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...