Friday, August 17, 2012

It's time for the Amazing Race again!

There is a lot of excitement over here these days...

We will be competing in our second Amazing Race this weekend!


We competed 2 years ago and had such a blast! It was held in Chicago. Read about it HERE.

I had also just found out I was pregnant with Mason a week before the race...so I guess you could say Mason was there too!

The Chicago Race was so physically exhausting! I think it was harder than any volleyball tourney I've ever played in or any track work-out I've ever done. Seriously the hardest athletic competition of my life. Two solid days of racing around downtown Chicago in 100*+ weather, on foot, carrying all our belongings. We guzzled water all day long and still felt dehydrated by the end of each day. I think we were all sore for the next 4 days straight. Seriously, so TIRING. I'm sure it didn't help that I was pregnant either. 

Anyway...

This year the race is held in the upper part of Michigan.  It's called the UP (that stands for "Upper Peninsula"  for my non-Michigan friends).



Basically this whole part of the state...


Instead of being on foot the whole race we are allowed to drive our own vehicle. This is good news because there is not much civilization in this part of MI. It's known for it's beauty, hiking, waterfalls, and campgrounds....but you won't be seeing any large cities in these parts. Just lots of trees and wild animals.

We are so excited for another chance to race with our good friends Nik and Jamie! It will be a totally different kind of race than last time but we are ready for anything!

The race starts Saturday at 7:00am and ends Sunday evening. 


Wish us luck! I'll update next week how it all went!

GO Team RED!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...