Saturday, June 25, 2011

Garage Sales Galore!

Today was a perfect day for garage sales! With the Mr. gone at work all day, the kids and I ventured out in hopes of finding three things: a crib and mattress (more on that in another post), some kids clothes, and a beach tent.

NONE of which we came home with. Of course.

BUT, we did snag some pretty good deals!


$2.50 for all these toy cars. 
I decided it was time to invest in some "boy" toys but, Kensie has been playing with them ever since she got home! This is how she arranged them just before going down for her nap.
Mason--these are for you. Kensie is just warming them up until you are ready to play with them, ok?




$9.00 for this battery operated 4-wheeler (brand-new)
The previous owner bought it for her daughter. She sat on it one time and was scared every time she pushed the button to make it "drive". I sat Kensie down for a test drive...and let's just say we brought that sucker home lickity split!




$6.00 for this entire light-up Christmas village
(not for each one but, for the WHOLE set people!)
I am incredibly excited about these!! Christmas in {almost} July!



I didn't even care that they smelled slightly of smoke and that all the lights work except one bulb is missing (easy to replace!). So excited. Have I said that yet? Ok, you get the idea.
I. Heart. Christmas.

***



And this is what I'm currently enjoying after all that bargain hunting.
Yes, time for some "me" time while the munchkins nap.

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOO jealous of your dept 56 homes. I collect north pole and don't even want to discuss how much money I have invested. Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...