Friday, June 17, 2011

A taste of summer

Strawberries remind me so much of summer. I just had to bring this yummy summer(y) fruit indoors.


And with the leftover party decorations from Kensie's birthday last year, I didn't have to buy a thing!



The tiny plate reads:"May the Sun Shine Warm upon Your Face"
I love summertime.


Fresh lavender from the front yard. mmmmmmm.


I love this welcome sign {Hobby Lobby}. It keeps rotating walls throughout the house and I still haven't used those adorable magnets--hmmmm suggestions?? 


And this lovely {fake} bouquet was passed on to me from my sister Lauren. She's getting quite good at arranging flowers and this was a "practice" bouquet for a wedding she did--Lauren made the fake ones so the bride could get an idea what she wanted....AND THEN made the real ones for the actual wedding--yeah. Who does that?? But, I was happy to take them off her hands. :) She needs to become a florist. Oh wait, she's already a super-genius practicing pharmacist. Yeah, I'm just a little proud {ok a LOT}.


Here are 2 more bouquet's my lovely Lauren made that I tucked into an old dusty keepsake box my Mom found in her shed. Thanks for the idea Lolo!

And this pic {from our honeymoon} is the epitome of summer. Ahhhh. Such good memories.
***
Have you brought some summer into your home yet?

1 comment:

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...