Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Flooring as of late...

We enjoy doing our biggest, most labor-intensive, time-consuming house projects during life's biggest transitions. Namely, having a baby. I don't know what it is, but my husband THRIVES working under pressure.

What do I mean???

When we brought Kensie home from the hospital a year and a half ago we didn't even have our front door attached to the house. Yeah. I wish I would have taken a picture but, let me describe to you the madness we welcomed Kensie into when we got home---Greg was in the middle of painting our new front door and back door to the house (he gets the nesting instinct even worse than I do). With only one coat of paint left on each door, they were resting against the side of the house waiting to be finished. As in, off. O-F-F, off.

I went into labor the next morning and we had no choice but to leave everything as it was. The gaping entrance to our oh so vulnerable home was creatively covered with drop cloths. Complete with duct tape (like that's going to keep any thief or varmint out). The inside was not much better. Furniture pulled away from the walls as baseboards were half ripped off, and walls were left to be painted. All in all, it was a disaster!

But, like I said....Greg works the best this way. And, we end up getting more done in a short amount of time.

So, when we came home from the hospital a week ago....here's what we have been up to. Well, Greg anyway.
See the carpet??

Well now you don't!

Cleaning the grime and dirt from the beautiful black glue that was found under the linoleum flooring.

This is what we have been living in for a week. Lovely.

But, the good news is....it won't be long! The prep work is what takes the longest. Once he gets started on laying the wood laminate (which is gorgeous!) it should go pretty quick. Stay tuned! I can't wait to see the transformation.

So, does your husband work under pressure like mine?

1 comment:

  1. Maija says"Hi"
    Nice work Gregg! Hey, at least your not camping outside, while fixing your house. Good pics too! maija likes the baby photo, and kensie ...of course!

    Hello from the Sloburmasters. Yeah, we suck at blogging, but hey...we can try it again. Luv ya, your Cali-bro.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...