Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Baby Mason is here!

It's been a week already but, that's no excuse for slacking on a post about it. So, without further adieu....Mason Gregory is here!

Born 3-8-11
at 7:49pm
10 lbs
22 inches

And for those of you who care about labor and delivery details, keep reading. If not, stop here and we'll see you next time!

In the last month of this pregnancy I scheduled to be induced for fear of a big baby (again). Kensie weighed 9lbs 7oz and she was three days early. When I found out we were having a boy, I just knew he would be even bigger. No one believed me. Not my doctor. Not family. Not friends. But, I could feel the weight of this baby the whole pregnancy. Even the ultrasound I had at 38 weeks predicted a smaller kiddo....so needless to say, mother knows best.

We checked into the hospital at 7am (4 days before the due date). Thankfully with just a little help (and no petocin), things progressed well and by 2:45pm I had my epidural in. Man I love those things!


By 7:30pm I was ready to push and after a quick 15 minutes, Mason was born. You should have seen the look on my doc's face when they weighed him! I think he will definitely keep an eye on me with the next baby (which will not be anytime soon mind you). Between joyful tears, Greg and I couldn't believe how big and beautiful he was. Such a blessing!


So where was Kensie during all this? My sweet sister Lauren stayed for nearly a week (during her only week of vacation) and took care of Kensie while we were at the hospital. The nice part of being induced is knowing exactly when things will happen. We are so so SO thankful that Lauren was willing to come. And let's just say that "Aunt Lolo" was Kensie's new favorite person. Period. She clung to her when they came to visit the hospital. And when we came home from the hospital Kensie would run down the hallway yelling, "Lolo, Lolo, Lolo!!" So cute. And honestly I was fine with it. I would rather have Kensie attached to someone like Lauren instead of constantly crawling in my lap while holding the baby.

Fast forward to today >>>>>

Greg is back at work. I have survived the last 2 days with both kids at home. Kensie has moments of jealousy but, is playing very independently and (somewhat) obeying still. We are incredibly blessed, but incredibly tired. Mason sleeps ALL day. The kid can barely finish a feeding without being unconscious. And then as soon as we lay down for bed, he starts waking up every 2 hours at night. ALL night. I know there will be a time when he will figure it out and as we stretch feedings and try keeping him awake more during the day.....the time WILL come when we will wake up and realize that more than 5 hours have passed. But, SOON I hope. SOON.

So, if I slack off a bit on the blog you'll know why.

Here's to the little sleep I am about to get right now...

3 comments:

  1. congratulations, shannon. what a beautiful baby boy! i love seeing all the pictures! :) hang in there friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute! I just saw his picture on Facebook because I'm a fan of More Than Words Photography and I have to say I'm a little jealous because I'd LOVE to have her as a photographer! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...