Tuesday, June 29, 2010

We have a crawler folks!

You know how sometimes you look at your child and wonder, "When will she EVER learn to do that?" Or more specifically, "Will she ever grow any hair?" OR "Why can't she feed herself yet...will it ever happen??" You are left wondering if your completely dependent child will one day be, well...not so dependent, I guess.



From the first few days Kensie was born, I remember picking up those sweet baby clothes in all different sizes and wondering how on earth she will ever get that big! But, now she's quickly approaching the 12-18 month size, and will soon be out of those too. Crazy.


So, where is this going???


Over the past 10 days, little miss k has discovered the new world of crawling! And boy, has she learned quick! I'm pretty sure she will be walking in a couple weeks or less. She loves to pull herself up....looks at you to share in her joy of accomplishment.....then smiles and lets go on purpose to see how long she can stand by herself. Then, PLOP. She falls down only to do it again. Over and over. Once she's satisfied with her up-down routine, she'll take off crawling to the next toy or activity that looks interesting. (I have another adorable video that I can't show....arrg, but trust me...utter cuteness).


I DO enjoy this stage as she is not crying out of frustration due to lack of mobility- uh, like she used to all-the-freaking-time. However, I can't just sit her down with a circle of toys around her and go about my business around the house anymore. She needs CONSTANT supervision = less computer time, less chores, more chasing, BUT, on the other hand.....LOTS more giggling. In the end, I'd say it's worth it. :)



This is also a new position that you will find Kensie in lately: both arms back behind her neck, like she doesn't have a care in the world. You will find her sleeping, relaxing, and even eating like this. Cracks us up.




(notable item: Greg's "Most Valuable Dad" shirt- bought by one of his guy friends. Even though I mocked him for wearing it 3 days in a row, I love it)



I will leave you with one last pic:


She fell asleep like this after enjoying her up-down routine in the crib for 45 minutes. I guess when your workout is over, you probably should stretch those hamstrings....

3 comments:

  1. so cute. i loved the crawling stage - but yes, you do have to start implementing rules and such now and start the disciplining. so, more difficult, but happier baby. :-) and i also thought bella was going to walk right away too, but it did end up taking a couple months... so maybe you'll still have some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the update!!
    Every day is a New Adventure for little Kensie!
    Loved the pictures!
    Kensie sure has a GREAT little personality!!
    Her smile is priceless!
    Oh to be so tired that you could sleep in any position!
    Will she be seeing some fireworks this year??
    Enjoy.
    Stay safe.
    JS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across your blog. My baby just hit the crawling stage too. It is fun, but wow do you have to supervise! My baby just smiles when I tell her "no" and proceeds to try again.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...