Thursday, June 17, 2010

FREE decorating tip and other randoms




So where did I get such beautiful paintings for FREE???


One little under-used resource.....


THE LIBRARY!


You can check out paintings just like books and keep them for three weeks.


Better yet, you can renew them up to 5 TIMES!


Yeah. You do the math.


I already counted out the weeks, and that means I can keep them through mid September.


Freaking awesome.



I've also been reading "Love and Logic" (from the library as well) during breakfast while watching Kensie play. Have you read it? I'm only through Chapter 3, but I really like the ideas so far.




This is usually where you will find us at 7:30am. Me-at the table on my second cup of coffee, with toast and a good read. And Kensie- just doing her thing.

I DO enjoy mornings- with coffee of course.




And boy have I needed it lately. Kensie and I BOTH have stuffy noses, and it has kept her up the last 2 nights in a row. She has learned to fall asleep by sucking her first two fingers. But, it's nearly impossible for her to suck and breath simultaneously. Meaning, I have to get her to sleep BEFORE placing her in bed. Which takes lots and lost of energy and time.


But, amidst all the sleeplessness and tissues...she still has energy to get up in her bear crawl stance. She just started this yesterday. She doesn't really get anywhere with it, but loves to try. She is definitely getting more aggressive and motivated to MOVE.

And my life (as I currently know it) will be over once this girl gets on her feet.

3 comments:

  1. I love Love and Logic. I use it a lot with Annabelle. It helps me to stay calm and then she stays calm. I like a lot of the ideas that they have. I think that giving choices really helps us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ideas Shannon!
    Also really like the pic of Kensie trying to crawl. Looks like she is almost there! I was told by a teacher this week that the better and more a child crawls....the better reader they are in school!! And we know how important reading is to getting good grades!
    SO LET KENSIE CRAWL!!
    JS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that looks more like Downward Dog Shan... maybe Kensie is hinting that she wants you to do yoga with her..:) so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...