Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lately...

...I feel like I have something to blog about every.single.day, but just never get around to it. I know it's the battle of every blogger out there. Trying to get all of life's "stuff" put down into words is tiring at times. And half the time I wonder, who really cares? Or what is someone going to think if I say that? Not to mention the ultra-slow uploading of pics that I suffer through on a daily basis. (One of these days I need to take a pic to show you how we get one measly bar of internet reception from a neighbor...sitting in the freezing cold sunroom with piles of blankets in the middle of winter. Not ideal, but we're cheap and we know it.)

Anyway, There are so many things I want to share that I haven't yet. I constantly have blog titles running through my head, dreaming up the next big post. I usually resort to daily happenings and events. But, there is SO MUCH more I would love to have time to write about.

~My journey of finding myself in Christ. I went through a major identity crisis a few years ago. I DID blog once about it last spring, but not many details. Some of it stemmed from my family splitting up 5 years ago. Some of it came from my fallout with a sport I devoted most of my life to: volleyball. And the rest of it came from my never-ending self criticism. I did not handle either situations well, and as a result was brought to my lowest. But God used that low point to bring me at his feet, and I would love to be able to express what the experience was like, and what it has taught me.

~I would love to share my favorite recipes, as well as tutorials on simple sewing projects. I'm kind of a procrastinator (ok I'm a BIG procrastinator), but I DO finish a lot of my projects...eventually. :)

~As you may have noticed I am usually reading a few books at a time (posted in the sidebar). The list is constantly changing, but I haven't really blogged about them. They have ALL taught me valuable lessons. I wish I could share how so many of them affected my life directly.

~I have not posted a single article about being a youth group leader. There are SO many funny stories I could share!! However, my main concern is that my readers may finish thinking, "ummm guess you had to be there...".

~And finally, I would love to post more on what it's like being a part of Greg's family trucking business. I don't punch in the clock and work like he does, but I see how it affects Greg on a daily basis. It certainly has it's ups and downs...and it's like no other 8-5pm job out there. But, it has really become a ministry in so many ways. I wish I could share the successes and struggles.

Hmmm, this is starting to sound like a New Year's resolution or something. Seeing as I already struggle with follow-through, we won't go there. But nonetheless, those are things I hope to write in the future...

2 comments:

  1. Gosh Shannon! I would love to hear about any and ALL of those... I miss you and being close in vicinity with you. I would love to hear about your journey of how Christ found you. You should do a series! I know we all would read and be encouraged. Love you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me!! Keep writing coz I love haring from your heart :) gloria

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...