Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Undropped?

So, apparently a baby can drop and then decide to undrop? That's the latest. I went in yesterday for my check-up and I feel as though we are working backwards now....blast! No dilation, and yes, our little girl has floated back up toward my ribs. Fan-freakin'-tastic. The only nice thing was I dropped a couple pounds! (which I expected with my decrease in appetite lately, and it's quite normal the last few weeks of pregnancy). But hey, it's a mental boost anyway and I will gladly take it.....aside from the whopping 45 lbs. I've gained this whole pregnancy. Geesh.

I had a conversation with a teenager yesterday who asked if it "felt weird to have a baby inside of me". After talking for a while, I realized that I've forgotten what it feels like to NOT be pregnant. The kicks and punches throughout the day. The hundreds of bathroom trips. The convenient shelf to rest my hands on. The waddling. The profile I've grown accustomed to as I walk by a reflection of myself. It all just feels so normal now, it truly is hard to imagine not having this round belly. But, to be honest....I'm going to miss it. I know it sounds weird. But, I'll miss rubbing my tightly stretched skin with lotion every night. (only to be replaced by a flabby stomach with nothing to offer but flabbiness). I'll miss trying to guess which body part is poking out as she twists and turns in there. And, I'll miss all the conversations I've been able to strike up with perfect strangers who can't help but ask when I'm due. It really has been quite a journey. And it's only the beginning...

** Thanks for the comments on being induced in the last post. It has been great to hear all of your different experiences. We may end up having to go that route if she continues to be so stubborn! Stay tuned in...**

4 comments:

  1. Oh, don't you worry Shannon. The conversations with complete strangers won't stop. It's amazing how many people will talk to you when you're holding a baby!! =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Praying for you! These last few weeks are so hard. All you want is your baby in your arms and to be a bit more comfortable. I'm glad that you are enjoying your time being pregnant. Her kicks and her movements are so special and even if you have other babies, this is the only time you'll experience her wiggles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yea it is weird not being pregnant, but i really do not miss it! nothing is better in the whole workd than holding your sweet little baby! And full term babies eat and sleep alot better! It is such a blessing to have gone to 39 this time around!! As miserable as i was the last few weeks, i am so grateful! Hang in there, you are almost done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! Thinking about you :-)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...