Sunday, August 23, 2009

Nothing yet...

So, just to update on my last doc appointment....nothing new. I was pretty disappointed. I thought with as much pressure as I've been feeling down there, something would be different. Nope. Still no dilation, and only 50% effaced. So, I wait until Tuesday to see if anything new has happened.

In the meantime, I've heard quite a few stories about induction. Apparently (from what I've heard), being induced is the way to go. It's a scheduled date that you can plan for, you get your epidural at a time when your not in too much pain yet, and boom the baby is born! I try not to get sucked into these stories, but it does sound rather enticing. However, I can't help but wonder how good that is for your body or the baby. I mean, forcing your way into delivery? I can understand if the baby is too getting too large, or if you are way past due....but out of pure convenience, to say I want to be induced on this date because it sounds the coolest, or it works with my schedule the best, or frankly I am just uncomfortable. Where's the excitement, the anticipation, the spontaneity? I could go either way I think. What do you think??

6 comments:

  1. I was induced both times, not because I wanted a certain date but because I was over due. I would not recomend it for the sake of picking a date, unless you are overdue. If you want details call me. :-)
    Can't wait to meet your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria & Sebastian8:53 AM, August 24, 2009

    Hey, love to read about the progress of your baby. hope it gets here on time. I was induced as well because I was over due. My doctor recommended it. It all went well. But I would much rather have a natural birth the second time. :) We are praying for you. Say Hi to Greg, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shan! I was induced - but only because my water broke and nothing was happening. Thought I would have plenty of time to get an epidural....boy, was I wrong!! It just went too fast. So, you just never know. Hang in there. =-) Can't wait to see your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, i was exactly 29 weeks, and went in for an appt, i told my doctor i was really starting to hurt, to the point i couldn't really take care of Ethan or do anything but lay on the couch, she said if you haven't delivered by your due date, lets schedule and induction, i think the look on my fac, of "another week of this!?" haha she was like .....well... how about 3 this afternoon? way too inticing, i agree. I don't know if it's bad for baby or my body, but i figured if she was suggesting it it must be fine. and i was SO miserable! I really liked the fact that i had everything ready, i was showered and ready for the day... i went home vacuumed, finished the laundry and had a nice big lunch. (make sure you eat before you get to the hospital because you wont be eating until you deliver! So after 3 am running around in crazy pain trying to get someone over to watch ethan etc etc.( i was sent home 2 times in the middle of the night in false labor, i was sick of it!! ) so yea it's up to you and your doctor, some doctors will not induce until you are a week overdue. and some will induce at a week before. It's so different for every woman!! I will be praying for ya that it will go smoothly! Can't wait to meet her!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to be voice of reason. Inducing does increase stress on the baby. doctors dont' care to tell you this because they want it done and done. Obviously they'll do what they have to do but don't rush the baby coming out. God made it that the baby comes when she is ready to come. Just dont rush it if you dont have to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was induced for my first baby and I would suggest eating before you go too! My hubby got to eat 3 times throughout the day and I was starving!! (not his fault of course;)) It wasn't a bad experience but for the second go I think I'd like to try to wait it out:) (but I am not 9 months pregnant and miserable:)... Either way you'll know what to do for yourself.. just trust your instinct because no one else has the same feelings about everything as you do:)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...