Monday, July 12, 2010

Greg's dream come true...well sorta.

Yes, other than marrying yours truly of course....

Greg's dream is to compete in the Amazing Race. Yeah. The one on TV that lasts a whole season, but is really only filmed in like 12 days or something. And although we don't even have the TV hooked up, his eyes get wide with excitement when anyone talks about it.


"Man,"
he says, "I'd give anything to be on that show!"

Well, now's his chance...kind of.


This weekend, Greg, myself, and another couple are teaming up to compete in a mini version of the Amazing Race. It's basically a church group that decided to make up their own course. They get 25 teams together (4 people per team) and cram it all in one weekend.


This year, the race is held in Chicago.

We are only allowed to use public transportation.

We must carry everything on our backs.

Each team must carry a digital camera.

No cell phones or access to interent of any kind is allowed.

We will compete in both team and individual challenges throughout the race.


Oh, and we are "Team Deers" - each team is a different animal. We signed up late...thus the slim pickings for a fierce sounding name...oh well. Deer are fast right?


Wish us luck, we will update you next week how it all went!

3 comments:

  1. What does the winning team get??

    Wow....your husband is really driven!!
    I see where Elliot gets it from.

    JS

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's AWESOME! Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so fun Shan! Can't wait to hear how it went, I really want to do something like that myself. I've talked for years about wanting to be on that show, my Mom wants to sign me and my brother up. haha have fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...