Monday, February 1, 2010

Life of a blogger

It's been one whole year since I officially became a blogger. Prior to, my first avenue to stay connected with friends and family was the ever-popular Facebook. It's a fast and easy way to briefly keep people up-to-date with the going's on in life. But, once I discovered the world of blogging, I was hooked. While I don't consider myself a "fanatic" (yet), I have enjoyed the journey over the past year. It has become a tool for recording special moments, expressing and (yes) sometimes venting about this thing called life. In my opinion, it beats FB any day of the week. There's a tendency for me to want to depict my life as perfect. And (like anyone) I only want to post the best pictures of myself on my profile. However, that's not real life. And while I have not totally given into posting what I consider "less-than-satisfactory" pictures of myself here on this blog, I DO feel free to write about my imperfect life. It's been a good way to force me to write, even during weeks I don't want to. And wow. What freedom. Things that I used to consider such a "big deal" to talk about are not so big anymore.

Blogging has pushed me to be more vulnerable that's for sure....now if only I could conquer it in person (always a bit tougher).

If you've never taken it up, give it try! You will be surprised how much you have to write about....

1 comment:

  1. Still not ready to Blog....but I do enjoy reading yours!!
    Kensie ALWAYS has the "cutest" baby face of the week!
    I hear that Mr. Giraffe is a favorite toy?!
    Enjoy the snow storm!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...