Monday, December 14, 2009

How do you get out of a funk?

Hey there. Havin' a pretty bad attitude over here, and just can't seem to kick it. Everything has been bugging me lately. You know, when it just seems like no one can do anything right? And every time you're around people, you just want to tell them to stop being so annoying? And even when they aren't annoying, you still want to tell them to just stop? And then the minute you think you've had enough of yourself (and your bad attitude), you start to actually enjoy the negativity you've been in?? I've been really frustrated with just plain stupid stuff these past few days. I've been impatient with people I love. I can't stop saying negative things. And well, I'm just in a funk. How do YOU get out of it?

On another note, Kensie has been my happy place lately. She is getting so much more expressive, and seems like she is doing something new every.single.day. I love watching her grow and learn the simplest of things (like finally being able to hold onto her toys!).
Even when she interrupts my Sunday afternoon nap because she blew out her diaper so bad she needed a bath....I seem to have SO MUCH patience with her. No matter how little sleep I get, or how much she demands, I can never be mad at her for very long. :) Maybe that's a little taste of how God loves me? Even when I have my pity parties, he just can't seem to get enough of me. Now that's some crazy love.

morning snuggles

**Also, notice the small birthmark on her arm? It just appeared one day. The doc says it will get bigger and bigger until about age 9 and then will fade. I think it's kinda cute :)**

3 comments:

  1. Go to Compassion International or Special Ministries or another organization like them....find yourself an adorable Child of God who needs you. Commit to sponsoring, then when you're feeling so negative and pooey, get them a little extra something to send. Focusing on the needs of someone without, seems to help me realize life isn't what I've made it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy time helped me with the funk. Life changes so dramatically after a baby. Would you ladies be available to come over and decorate cookies early next week? (I'll call you tomorrow :) )

    Love the birthmark! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Make sure you are getting 'quality sleep'
    2. Limit sugar intake.
    3. Christian music. Lots of it.
    Slow, peppy, everything in between...play it loud.....SING ALONG. Lifts me out of the 'mire'
    everytime.

    Kensie is so precious!
    She is the best gift of all!
    Thanks for posting photos.
    Jessica can't wait to hold her at Mulder Christmas Party.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...