Thursday, February 10, 2011

Current house projects...

{1} Tile the entryway and mudroom

We've had this lovely flooring in our entryway for the last...uh...2 years? Usually covered with rugs, but still. Yuck-o.


I'm really going to miss that lovely arrangement of quilt-like layers of the "L" word {linoleum} in those beautiful shades of  poop and puke gold and brown .

NOT.

We found some super cheap tile a few weeks ago from Home Depot (they are closing here in town...all sales final!), and now we are finally going to lay those bad boys! Yay! (babies-on-the-way make great deadlines for these kinds of projects, don't they?)

Thankfully we are hiring a friend from church to make sure the job is done right. We have zero experience with this stuff, and frankly...I don't have much patience for these kinds of things.

So, hopefully some after pics coming soon!!

{2} Finish the "new" nursery

It's painted (minus the window trim), it's empty (minus the futon), and ready to be moved in. Hoping those nesting instincts kick in here reeeeeal soon.

But, for your viewing pleasure....here's what Kensie thinks of baby Mason's room (sorry kinda long, but family and friends will enjoy seeing her in action):


{3} Organize closets (saving the best for last!)

I've said it once and I'll say it again. "I love organizing closets!" However, I'm also a procrastinator. Bad combo right? If you saw the video above...Greg's entire wardrobe currently takes up the "new" nursery closet. And MY entire wardrobe takes up the master bedroom closet (which is even smaller than Greg's). So we need to do some purging, rearranging, and organizing to make room for one more.

I just need to get started, and then I'll be off!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! So exciting!! It is going to look awesome! Love it when those nesting instincts kick in!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...