Sunday, August 8, 2010

Just a summer day at the park...

Kensie LOVES the park. She loves the grass, putting wood chips and other dirty things in her mouth, roaming free, and she especially loves the swings. As she becomes more mobile, I could see us spending ALL our days at the park (well, until dreaded winter comes that is...).





It has also been such a joy to see her take more and more steps!! (I think her current record is 4 in a row). But, she has definitely mastered standing up on her own, and then proceeds to wave her arms in excitement. Thus, the following picture...






Just after this, she plopped down into her bear crawl stance and took off towards the playground without even looking back. Uh...a bit brave are we??


--------------------------




I've also been feeling this incredible sense of summer urgency. Like there is a ticker counting down each day we have left, and there is nothing you can do about it. Anyone else?? I know...fall is incredible: there are apples to be picked, pumpkins to be carved, and hay bales to ride...blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong, I love the colors of fall and the feeling of warm sweaters with cute jeans. Buuuuut, I LOVE SUMMER! And I think most of this urgency stems from last summer looking like this:



Wow. Bringing back some VERY uncomfortable memories....


Ok, I'm back. Phew.


Anyway, I just feel like I missed out on last summer in so many ways. And so, this summer I tried to pack two seasons worth of "summer-fun" into one.


What I didn't realize is this makes it go by very fast! Oh well, we are definitely making the most of it...and it's still not over!


So here's to summer!

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking today how much I am looking forward to fall...even started a fall/winter hat for Gavin! Miss you we need to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to see things through the eyes of a child.
    Kensie is not going to miss a thing!
    She is a smart one....I can tell!!
    Love the pictures.
    She is so cute.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...