Friday, March 25, 2011

Two and a half weeks later....

Mason:

{1} Growing like a weed!{barely fits his 0-3 month sized wardrobe}.....and is gaining weight like it's his job.

How cute are those booties??
My dear friend Jenny sent them in the mail, and I absolutely love them! What a sweet homemade gift :)

{2} Has decided that his biological clock is set for the European time zone {which would be great....except we live in the U.S.} Bummer. So that means we have been doing a lot of this during the day....


..and a lot of this at night...


MUST EXPLAIN:: This photo shoot were taken after a 3am feeding. We were joking about how much Mason and Greg look alike....and in an attempt to snap a pic of the same "expression" we nearly peed our pants after taking the photo below. Greg looking humorous but tired, and Mason looking like a troubled one-eyed bandit. We were laughing for a half an hour.....oh what sleeplessness will do to a person...::


{3} Peeing ALL over the place! Ugh. This kid is like a ticking time bomb attached to a 360* rotating sprinkler. I think I change him like 5-6 times a day and wash every blanket he owns within a 24 hour period. So much different than a girl. I just hope he gets some control over that thing in the next month or so. It's getting old.


Kensie:

{1} Has had a few more time-outs these days. I was aware of this transition, but wasn't sure exactly how it would come out. Some "firsts" we've experienced lately include: splashing around with her hands in the toilet, pulling out every diaper from her closet and spreading them all over the room, finding the tissue box and emptying every last tissue out of the box, and deliberately touching things after you've said "no". None of them surprise me....just hard to keep up with the kid!

{2} Sleeping like a champ! This kid will sleep up to 14 or 15 hours sometimes! Lately, she will wake up around 8, but then play in her crib until I come get her (I've left her up to an hour and a half sometimes!) As long as she's happy, why rush it right?? Seriously LOVES her crib. She'll sing, roll around, and bounce like a trampoline until the cows come home. Same thing after naps. She'll sleep 2-2.5 hours, and then play for an hour, if I let her. Thank goodness! Now, let's hope Mason is just as cooperative in the future.



{3} Getting more personality every day. It's so fun to watch her play more independently these days. She totes around her stuffed animals, stacks blocks, reads books, and re-arranges pillows and rugs all day. Her vocabulary is growing each day, and she shows a real interest in recognizing letters and numbers in everyday life. And she loves to challenge herself by balancing on random objects. Here's a little clip from today's playtime....



I've made a couple trips with both kids by myself {still crammed in my little Focus btw}, but still haven't tried a public outing yet....let alone a trip to the grocery store. Just doctor appointments and visits with friends. But, I'm totally ok with that. I'm happy to sit here in my robe as I type this and not step foot out of the house all day. We'll see how I feel by week 6, but for now I'm soaking up the time with my two munchkins.

And don't worry, flooring pics are on the way!! Half of the room is done....yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...