Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Playroom!

We have this "in-between" space in our home. It's an empty traffic way that connects the fireplace room, the living room, dining room, and kitchen. I love how it makes the house feel bigger than it really is, and provides a nice area if we have a lot of people over for extra standing room, or a place to set up an extra table if needed...a very open layout indeed.


As you can clearly see, this open space has become the play area in the last few months. A convenient spot to dump all of Kensie's toys. Upside- I can see her from pretty much anywhere in the house. Downside- it's a tripping hazard for one (especially in the middle of the night), and it doesn't stop Kensie from crawling to all the "no-no's" in the other rooms (especially the fireplace). Not ideal, to say the least.



We also have this great sunroom that steps down off the back of the dining room. It pretty much sat empty for the last year and a half....until NOW! Thanks to a few suggestions, we gave this space a new purpose...




Welcome to the new playroom!!




Two nights ago, after Kensie went to bed, Greg and I stayed up until 10pm vacuuming, rearranging, and moving every toy OUT of the house and into here!



Not only is it baby proof, but it lets in TONS of light, and has a great view of the backyard. Plus, with the sliding glass door, I can let her roam free in there while I am workin' away in the kitchen.




Ahhhh, my open space is actually OPEN, and my house has regained it's confidence.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love that? We had to do that too eventually and now I love my house layout. Moving into a house sans baby most always needs to be rearranged after baby comes. I'm now rearranging my cupboards with all the added plastic ware. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how nice!! Looks great! We have toys all over too...but I don't quite know what to do with them. :P

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...