Tuesday, October 6, 2009

1 month




I can't believe 4 weeks have flown by....well sorta. The first week of bringing Kensie home from the hospital felt like for-e-ver. Between recovery, and the night feedings every three hours, I was definitely at my wits end at times. But then time began to fly, and here it is one month later already!



Above: 4 days old

Below: 1 month old




Things I LOVE so far....

~ snuggling as a family

~ picking out a cute outfit for Kensie every day

~ watching her sleep

~ staring at each and every feature on her precious face

~ the addicting baby smell that lingers after bath time

~ bows


Things I DON'T LOVE so far...

~ backaches...thought they would go away after being pregnant. Wrong. So much strain from holding, feeding, bathing and rocking a baby all day. And not to mention toting around a car seat.

~ NOT sleeping. I really get annoyed between the 1am and 4am feedings....killer.

~ hearing her scream until almost breathless

~ not enough alone time with the hubby. It's been really hard to connect for more than 10 minutes at a time

~ not being able to enjoy a meal without interruption

~ in-between maternity clothes and normal clothes. Annoying.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Shannon! This post made me smile. I love your honesty, b/c those were a lot of the same things I felt too - the first couple months! I think it's just a HUGE adjustment going from "the two of us" to "the THREE of us!" But I can honestly say, from this side of things, every month brings more independence and more personality and more joys. Every new stage we enter with Bella, Trav and I always look at each other and say, "I think I like THIS stage the best!" :-) She's so precious.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...