Thursday, September 3, 2009

Embarassing

Wednesday morning I woke up convinced that my water broke during the night. I could hardly wait to get to my doc appointment at 1pm. Thinking I would go straight to the hospital afterwards, my bags were packed and ready to go. But, like so many stories...it was a false alarm. I felt so embarrassed, like the pregnant lady who cries wolf. Who looks for any little sign of progress only to be disappointed in the end. On top of it, the doc said I was still at zero and only 50% effaced. Wow, I really thought this time was for real. My belly has been rock hard the last two days straight, and the radiating back pain combined with menstrual-like cramps continues on. And STILL nothing???? So, he asked how long after my due date I want to go..."ummmm, not too long" I said. Well, he only schedules inductions on Tuesdays, so its either the 8th or the 15th. I think our baby will be like 10 lbs by the 15th....so I opted for September 8. Who knows....maybe she will get the ever elusive birthdate 9-9-09 :)

In the meantime, I've been sewing up a storm. I've been up since 6:00 this morning sewing and redecorating the house. Here's one project I'm most proud of. A simple lamp shade makeover. And I can just slip off the cover to change the look if I want something different in the future! Thanks Better Homes and Gardens! Such great ideas you have. :)

BEFORE



AFTER



4 comments:

  1. Shannon, i did the EXACT same thing! was convinced my water broke and went in only to find out it was nothing ): Dosen't it SUCK leaving the labor and delivery floor still pregnant! i was so embarrased and annoyed too.... well, the 8th is only 5 days away, seriously if i could give you ONE pieve of advice! SLEEP NOW WHILE YOU CAN.... and enjoy it! haha i have not slept in WAY too long, and i am living off diet cherry coke and COFFEE! HAHAHA the lamp cover is adorable! you are SO creative!! hopefully next time you post it will be of your little baby girl! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, first of all, DARLING lampshade. If this little lady waits to make her debut, you should do a tutuorial! I'd love to learn how. :-)

    Secondly, Kate did the same thing (about her water breaking) with her last child, Elizabeth! So, not to worry, my dear. I think it happens to every mother. Oh, you will be done so soon... yes, and tell that doctor that you want that baby on the 9th, not the 8th! That will drive me batty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you!! This time is so hard and frustrating. We left dinner at a friends house because I was sure I was about to have Eddie...he wasn't born until weeks later. The 8th isn't too far away and enjoy these last few days if you can. :)

    Very cute lampshade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the lampshade! And my cousin who just recently had her baby had some false alarms too...I can only imagine how frustrating it is but the 8th will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...