Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Feeling encouraged

I have really appreciated all your kind words and have really felt encouraged since my last post. Sometimes you just need to vent you know?? But seriously, God has shown me kindness and comfort over the past few days. He has reminded me of his faithfulness during hard times while I sat and read old blog and journal entries. He reminded me of a verse in Hebrews that talks about making sacrifices and how you will reap the benefits in the end. He has reminded me of his creation. In the same way that our little girl is being knit in my womb, God has also knit me. I am beautiful. Pregnant OR not. I am beautiful. And, He has reminded me of the true and deep love my husband has for me. All the memories of how Greg has shown me grace and strength in the past came flooding back, and reminded me just how much he cares about me.





The Lord has brought me through so much over the last few years...why would He fail me now?? And as a mentor of mine said recently, at least there is an end in sight with this one...only 3 more months!





Not to say that these feelings won't re-enter in the future, but for now....I am resting in peace. :)



(26 weeks)

5 comments:

  1. You certainly are VERY "Bella" :-) And thanks for the sweet email. Loved the photos. A friend of mine sent me a similar shirt - only it was purple and for a two year old. Can't wait til she can wear it. So cute! Love you, Shay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, even though you might not feel like it, you look beautiful!! I love reading your blog, you are an amazing writer... you should write a book! thank you for the encouragement, that is SO true that no matter what how we feel, We are perfect in God's eyes! (and our husbands!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you are feeling better! And seriously, you have a beautiful pregnant glow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your blog today.
    I am still finding my way around blogland....
    I always love making new friends..

    I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by.
    Each comment enters you for the June giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shannon, you write such sweet posts and thank you so much for being so transparent. I have learned a lot just by reading your thoughts. You are a beautiful pregnant woman :)with a beautiful heart. I can0t wait to see pictures of your sweet little girl. Hows Greg doing? Miss you both here, gloria

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...