Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fashion post No. 2

That's right! 

This is only my second post on fashion {read the first one here}. I had such great feedback after the last round I thought I would give it another whirl!

My most inspiring resources lately are Pinterest and Google. Although they both can be a little iffy sometimes, if you know what I mean. I have to tell myself, "just because people wear that and call it 'fashion' doesn't mean it will look good on me". OR "just because that 19 year old is wearing it doesn't mean a 29 year old should wear it".

I still mostly wear my yoga pants during the week with maybe a few nicer outfits sprinkled here and there. It just makes the most sense for this stage in my life. But, I'm learning to even make those "lazy" days a little more cute! And let me tell you...Greg doesn't mind one bit.  

So here's to getting out of the grunge clothes now and then! Not because I have to. But because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. And God loves to see his children delight in His creation. I'm still learning to delight.

I have two outfits to share today. A "lazy" one and a "cute" one.

Here we go....



Weekday "lazy" outfit:


shirt-- Target

extra long yoga pants-- Victoria's Secret online 
{sounds weird but seriously they have a lot of longer lengths for us tall girls...I highly recommend it!}

necklace-- gift from sister

purple Crocs-- Amazon



See Shannon! Comfy can be cute!


***



Sunday church outfit:

It's been a little chilly this week but I desperately wanted to look Spring-y....


I actually wore different shoes to church {plain black wedges}. When I got home I couldn't resist trying my favorite boots on. It totally changed the outfit and it's one of my new favorites!

long sleeve shirt-- bought while living in Europe

skirt-- Francesca's Collections online {my go to store}

patterned chocolate tights-- really old {not sure from where}

scarf-- Meijer {it's a grocery store--can you believe it!}

clutch-- ModCloth {another go to for cute style}

wedge boots-- ModCloth

necklace/ earrings-- ModCloth



SIDE NOTE:
I wish I could put this photo sequence in a collage. 
Reeeeeeally hoping PicMonkey gets that feature soon!



I'm excited to try this sunny yellow skirt with crochet white tights, a white top and maybe some strappy wedge sandals for when the heat comes back.



Been wearing my hair like this A LOT lately.


Speaking of hair...it's been a while. I still want to keep it long but thinking of going either strawberry blond or a darker all over brown. It would be VERY different for me. I'm just ready for a change and not sure what to do! Any thoughts from my blogging friends will be considered. 




Stop by my pinboard "Fashion Sense" for some more favorite looks and styles!

***

linking up to:

pleated poppy

12 comments:

  1. I think it would be fun to see you with strawberry blond hair. I always want to do something new and fun with my hair, but never know what to do.
    I wanted to tell you that your outfit looked great today, but I didn't get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm leaning towards strawberry but we'll see. Convincing Greg has been a little tricky :)

      Delete
  2. I love it Shannon! Your outfits are perfect, so so fun! And you totally looked chilly spring-y to me! :) Cute Stuff..and those boots are adorable, and make that outfit rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I sometimes feel like I wear them a little too often...I just love them so much and they're super comfy too :)

      Delete
  3. You're outfits are so cute! I especially love that yellow skirt. And your hair looks so pretty braided. It would seriously be scary to post a pic of me and what I've been wearing. Lately, it's been nothing but yard clothes.

    You look fabulous! Angie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I was able to finally wear that yellow skirt (after having it in my closet for a few weeks!) I'm excited to see what else I can wear it with it in the future! Dressing up is so fun but, yes....it would probably look silly if you wore it while gardening!! Yard clothes sound much more appropriate. Glad you are getting some work done around your house!

      Delete
  4. oh i LOVE that church outfit! so beautiful! and your hair is amazing! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment Molly! I'll be sure to check out your blog as well :)

      Delete
  5. You look great both days! The skirt is super-cute. I love it.
    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you FringeGirl! I do love how versatile that skirt can be :)

      Delete
  6. Your Sunday church outfit is so cute! Love the skirt and scarf colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley. They are not my usual colors..but I love how they remind me of spring. It's good to switch things up sometimes. I usally wear a lot of BLUE :)

      Delete

I absolutely love hearing from you! Each and every comment fuels my passion for blogging. So, do tell...